Monday, December 13, 2010

Yes. Another Running Post.

I was overjoyed this morning to notice that race schedules for 2011 are starting to come out. Thanks to Capital Road Race Management, I was able to update a couple of events over in my list of potential races for 2011.

I also swapped out the Pear Fair run for the Blood, Sweat and Beers run. Because, hello, that's three things I enjoy, right there in the title!

Now I just need to come up with a training plan.

Also?

Good luck with that.

Two similar but different plans were recommended to me. Both seem reasonable, but I'm, you know, green, so I don't know if one's good and the other will crack my spleen open and drink my innards.

I've decided to start with the Higdon plan, which would have me getting to marathon distance in time to run the River City as a full marathon instead of just a half. Not that I think I'll do that. My plan is to run this week & next on the Hidgon plan and see how I feel about that. My long weekend run would be twice what last weekend's run was. I'm guessing that will tell me right quick if I'm ready for those kinds of jumps.

Even if this plan does work for me, I probably won't run the River City as a full marathon. It's a small event and, well, I'm slow. I'd rather run my first marathon with less of a chance that I'll be the last one to roll in at the end of the day.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

In other news, last night Gomi went with me to get gas.

Gomi is underwhelmed. And snoring.

You can see how excited she was.

Also?

Snoring.

That's my dog.

No comments: