1. I have no idea what happened, but I hit a skid & went through two weeks of seriously sad, lackluster or nonexistant workouts. Coupled with some truly out of control eating* that started with our FIRST office Christmas party, and it got kind of ugly for a bit.
2. I weighed myself Tuesday morning before Yoga With The Firedancer & was amazed that it was 263 - only 1/2 pound higher than my lowest weight AND 1/2 lower than my most recent weigh in. I credit this 100% to sheer dumb luck and I know I need to get back on my game before I start doing actual damage to my progress.
3. This morning I made a goal for myself that I will post a loss by January 1st. I'm not going to wait until the New Year to get back on track. There's only nine full days left of 2010, but I'm confident that I can post a two pound loss by New Year's Day. Trying for more than that would be couterproductive and unhealthy.
4. This morning I did my first Group Strength Training class in two weeks. Then I did a yoga class with an instructor I've never had before, followed by my Very First Pilates class. Holy guacamole was that a combo fit to knock a girl out! I have been so hungry and cold all afternoon. I've heard you don't really feel a Pilates class until the second day & I'm kind of scared. The class totally kicked my ass. I had to drop out of a pose when the back of my thigh spasmed out & it was a struggle to keep going with those moves. Tomorrow? I don't even want to think about it. Between GST & Pilates, my legs & core are fucking toast.
5. A totally random NSV: in yoga, I do plank pose with my knees down because I'm not strong enough to lower properly with my knees off the ground. BUT! My "lower slow" is getting more & more slow & controlled, and I'm even strong enough to hover for a moment or two and then push into Cobra. I'm sure that, if I keep this up, I'll be able to do the whole flow perfectly with my knees up. Exciting!
6. I was doing some research on a local company that puts on trail races, as well as duathlons, offroad bike races and, I believe, triathlons. It turns out that they have a program where you can volunteer at races & earn vouchers towards entry fees at other races. Huzzah! I totally sent an email about THAT. Volunteering just sounds like tons of fun, anyway, and they seem to have a great setup.
7. Posting may be sporadic, at best, through the end of the year. I may or may not be posting a year-end wrapup and a list of goals for 2011. I hope everyone has a fantastic and blessed Yule, Christmas & New Year. I'd love to know what your goals & hopes for 2011 are. Maybe we can have a sharing post next week!
*"Out of control eating" still being significantly better than mere months ago. Thank goodness for that, and I hope it signals movement away from seriously disordered eating and maybe towards a healthier relationship with food.