Monday, November 15, 2010

Day Fifteen

Wednesday night is the last official workout of the Body Fit Challenge. I'm kind of sad. And scared. I don't think I can do it by myself. Not because I don't think I can keep up with the workouts*, but because I still don't feel like I know how to put together a workout that will be varied and challenging and doable that, uh, I'll remember all the parts of.

The biggest challenge I've had, and still have, is keeping track of what's next and how many are left and, wait, squat then jump then curl & press? Oh, and, yes, that was totally in the routine tonight. And I got through an entire set before our trainer wandered over, watched me squat and said "And JUMP." Woops? Also? Stuff that's by minutes and not by counts? No watch! So that kind of sucks.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what to do next. I know that I can take the Friday morning class and that it's similar to what we do in Body Fit Challenge. I guess I can do regular weights routines and supplement running as cardio. Maybe I can look into doing the Crossfit workouts I hear about.

I also want to point out that, essentially, I've lost no weight during this challenge. Final weigh in is not until December 9th, but I don't see how that would suddenly change. Before you ask, my clothes all fit pretty much the same, too.

I have, however, gotten a lot stronger and more confident in my abilities. Which is totally awesome. I've got a great foundation, and I guess it's up to me to make sure I keep building on that and moving forward.

In related news, I've been thinking a lot about goal for running in 2011. I've thought about running a marathon, and I think that's a reasonable goal for 2011. I've seen some people with a goal of running one race per month for the calendar year. I think that's doable, too, but I'm not sure how that would work in conjunction with marathon training. I'm also still perturbed that there's no one place where I can find all the local scheduled races. It's really annoying, especially when you find out a cooler race in conflict with one you're already scheduled for.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

*Yes, I know. My track record sucks on that count, too.

No comments: