Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Forsaken - A Melodramatic Story About a Van

Hey, remember that time when I had a van*? It was such a nice van. And being able to drive myself on my 40 mile a day (roundtrip) commute and various and sundry other trips was just super.

Ah.

Weren't those the days?

Hey, guess what?

Yup. I still don't have my van back.

We're currently on "loaner" car number seven.

As you may remember, the service lights came on for both the ABS and the Traction Control Systems. Hooking it up to the computer indicated that the problem was with the left front speed sensor. This was confirmed by Carmax last Monday.

Once Carmax got her broken down, however, they discovered that the right front wheel bearing and the rack & pinion steering needed to be replaced, as well. Which was fine**, and they got on with it and everything was hunky dory.

Until we called Friday afternoon to check in. Because, um. It was Friday afternoon and we hadn't heard anything.

We were told that they probably wouldn't get finished before they closed and that we should return our rental and they would give us a Courtesy Car.

Unfortunately, I get to drinking early***, and this particular call led to a rousing game of Musical Cars before we finally had the Courtesy Car and everything was "normal".

Fast forward to Monday afternoon, when still we've received no phone call. SweetPea calls to check in and gets news so grim she, literally, refuses to discuss it with me until I'm home and no longer piloting a vehicle.

Because.

Y'all.

They pulled all that stuff out and then put it back in, turned the van on and...

That fucking light popped back on.

So now they have special ordered the entire anti-lock braking system, which they will be replacing**.

Sometime.


*Hey, remember that time when I had a blog? That I wrote things in?

**And by "fine" I mean "covered by our Maxcare plan.

***It was Furlough Friday. Get over it. Also? Beeeer!

PS: No. I don't think it's time for a new car. And, no. I don't think it's time for a new mechanic. Sometimes things are just trickier than they need to be.

1 comment:

Danni said...

Wow. Just.. wow. Regardless of what day it is, I think I'd break into the booze early too with this mess.