Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 26, 2010

Yesterday's walk: 4.52km, 49:42 minutes, pace average 11:00 minutes per km.

This one was awful. Shin splints, hamstrings, lung congestion. Instead of walking the full circuit, I turned back a little under halfway to avoid the remaining pollen & weed filled fields.

Yuck!

Monday's walk I drank a cup of chocolate almond milk about an hour before I left, and I wonder if that had something to do with how much easier it felt. I'm hoping to repeat the experiment soon.

I'm working on a few things, nutrition wise, that I'll discuss later. One of those things is getting my wife on board with my plans. When we're home, it's easy enough, because I cook most of the food, so I can just make & serve whatever it is I want. The problem is when we're out or when she stops somewhere. She likes to buy me things she knows I like, but some of those things I'm trying to avoid. While I can generally handle not purchasing these things for myself, it's infinitely harder when someone cute and perky and so excited about the cool thing she got for you brings it home.

Ahem.

We discussed some of those things, specifically, last night, which was good. Hopefully we can both get on the same page with a lot of things. That will make this so much easier and more likely to work.

In other news, I stepped on her mom's scale last night (we don't have one at home) and it read a full 10 pounds lower than the last time I was weighed. I'm not entirely sure I believe it, but I sure was happy to see it.

Yay!

No comments: