Tina-cious tagged me with the Beautiful Blogger award (and probably thought I'd never get around to responding)! How sweet is she?
Here are the Beautiful Blogger rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. Thank you, Tina!
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
Seven things y'all don't already know? Erm...
1. The first blog I ever had was over on iam.bmezine.com. It was an awesome community and I learned a lot about body modification from the BME community. I probably know more than someone who has never worked in the field should know. I started falling away from the community after the founder and his wife split and a war over the domain started. Some of you might recognize this scenario from another, unrelated, online community.
2. I've found and follow a couple blogs written by people I first "met" through BME. One of my favorites is Ashley. I think she's about 80 shades of gorgeous, the photos she posts are delicious, and her blog posts make me pine for homesteading.
3. I actually do want to homestead. That is the Ultimate Goal and I hope to some day be almost completely self-sufficient. Apparently I will require a manifesto.
4. I have developed something of an obsession with gum. This is not news to anyone who follows me on facebook. I'm blaming this on having quit smoking and trying not to eat everything in sight. It somewhat satisfies my obsession with putting things in my mouth, but isn't always 100% effective at keeping me from eating stuff.
5. I once blew the motor on an electric weed whacker. I had no idea that you needed to give it a rest to let it cool down.
6. Every day for me feels like three days. Before work, work and after work. Each filled so full it's practically its own day. Now if only I could parlay that into triple full time pay, I'd be golden.
7. I'm still stuck on the notion that, as soon as I make enough money, I can have a second wife. My first wife will maybe disagree with this assessment.
I'm not sure I could even find you 15 bloggers on my reader that would be likely to respond. So let's see what we've got, shall we?
1. Femme Fairy Godmother - Because everyone needs a fairy godmother!
2. Nina & JCB of Cooktivism - Two gorgeous, smart women who share recipes that are cost, eco and allergen conscious. "Come for the recipes. Stay for the discourse."
3. Carlene, the Buxom Blogette. I'm not real big about fashion. I have a hard time keeping up with trends and find it easier to just try not to look like a troll and things generally work out ok. But I love Carlene's posts. The pictures and the details make me feel like maybe fashion's not as hard as I think it is.