Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Healthy Handbook

This was forwarded* around today, under the title "Handbook 2010"... Probably what snopes would refer to as "glurge".

This portion is from the "health" section of the "handbook":

1.       Drink plenty of water.
2.       Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3.       Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4.       Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5.       Make time to pray meditate
6.       Play more games
7.       Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8.       Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9.       Sleep for 7 hours.
10.      Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile

What do you think? Do you think much would change if you were to do this? I wonder what would happen if I made a commitment and did this for 30 days. How much would change? Anything?

Although I have to say that I'm not going to smile while I walk. I usually do that at the gym, and I wouldn't want The Creepy Guy to get the wrong impression.

I promise to have The New Year's Post up for you in the morning. I have no idea where it's going to go, but that's ok. We can jump off that bridge when we get to it.

As they say.

OK. As I say.

What New Year's Eve rituals or traditions do you do?

Do you have any New Year's Day superstitions?

I'd love to know!

*Yes, I'm at work. Because I'm insane, ok?

1 comment:

FemmeFairyGodmother said...

I gave up New Year's Resolutions years ago but I think I'm taking them up again this year. I'm planning to spend more time with my nieces and nephew. With all the people I love, really. Other than that - 2010 is the year I Get My Act Together and Clean Up the Mess That I Made of My Life When I Lost My Boys and Got Divorced. That's a mouthful, eh? I'd love to hear what happens if you do those things for a month, though.