Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Morning Random

Saturday night MonkeyDo and I went out and watched the Sac City Rollers take on the L.A. Derby Dolls. We got our butts kicked, but it was a great game and, as always, lots of fun to watch.

MonkeyDo dressed up in one of her new back-to-school outfits. I'm always a little surprised when she picks out skirts - she's typically not That Kind of girlie. When she does, though, they're usually a little more punk than your standard girlie girl skirt.

I have no idea what's up with the beads.


Back to school shopping almost always brings some new form of horror. Usually it's what it does to my bank account. This year, though, WalMart got creative and brought back stirrup pants.

I will totally own up to wearing these back when they were in style last. Then again, I think I was in junior high and, clearly, could not have been expected to have any damn sense. These pants are from a label bearing the name of Miley Cyrus who, I'm pretty sure, wasn't even birthed yet during the last fad.

One of the things about having stretched lobes is that you have to remove your plugs on a regular basis to clean them and let your lobes "rest". Last week I did that and then totally spaced on putting them back in. I didn't even realize they were still out until I got to work, and had nothing to put back in the holes.

So I improvised.

No, I didn't leave them like that all day. Most of the day my holes were just empty. The longer stretched holes go without jewelry, the more likely the holes are to start shrinking. I was worried that I'd have a hard time getting the plugs back in when I got home, but, thankfully, everything went just fine.

I am totally amazed by how fast my little bean plants are growing. I've been taking a snap every night when I get home. Except for the last two, which were taken the following morning.

I even made a little video of their progress so far.

Enjoy!



PS: Today is the first day of school. Welcome to high school Class of 2013!

No comments: