Monday, April 06, 2009

On the Road Again

Sometimes, while I'm out driving, I see such odd things that I am compelled to take snaps with my cell phone (yes, while driving).

I was clearing these off my phone over the weekend, so I thought I'd share some with you.

Totally curious about what kind of official county business requires an infant car seat. Yes, I know she could be a social worker. Given the beating that Sacramento County Child Protective Services has taken in the press lately, it would just be too easy to say that I doubt it.

You probably can't tell too much from this snap, but this woman was changing her pants. In the driver's seat. I will give her props, though, for waiting for a red light to do it.

Now, in California, a tractor trailer (big rig, semi truck) is required by law to stay in the right lane, or, to pass, in the lane directly next to the right lane, unless there is signage indicating that they can be out further. They are definitely not supposed to be in the fast lane. Especially not during rush hour traffic. Especially when considering that a tractor trailer's speed limit is fully 10 mph less than that of regular traffic.

Now, these two I just liked. The top one was my attempt at a moon shot. I should have known better, but I do like how it turned out. The second one... Well, I just loved the vanity plate.



No comments: