Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Stronger Than I


Yes, I know. Everyone's strapped for cash. Everyone's feeling the pinch.

But, come on.

Look deep into the moth-bitten recesses of your wallet.

You've got $5, right?

Sure you do.

You probably even have two $5's that you can rub together.

Hey!

You could totally go grab lunch today. Wouldn't that be nice?

Well, screw that.

I've got a better idea.

The Verbosery's good friend Ghost Hunter participates in St. Baldrick's every year to raise money and awareness for childhood cancer.

Every year, she shaves her head.

And she does it for the kids.

If you'd like to help her out (and you know you do), you can donate here (even $5 helps!).

That's right. You've got two $5's to spend, right?

A morning Starbucks run?

No.

How about a 100 kilometer (just over 62 miles) bicycle ride?

Sounds like a fucking lot of work, doesn't it?

I know!

But Wine Dog is doing it anyway - to raise money and awareness for cancer through the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

She looks really cute in her pink jersey, by the way.

Since you've got that extra $5 and you really don't want to have to pedal for 100 kilometers, why don't you go ahead and donate the $5 here.

Come on.

You know you want to.

And you know you packed your lunch, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If that isn't reason enough, my pal The Princess just found a lump. As she said "Thank God I like to fondle myself". This will be round two for her.

I'll be riding for The Princess. And Susan. And Team Fatty. And everyone else who has fought or will fight cancer in their life.