Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Relationship Meme


What are your middle names?
I'm not actually disclosing this, because it's not your business. What I will tell you, however, is the funny(ish?) stories behind them. SweetPea's parents did not expect to have a girl. And, let me tell you, everyone was rather surprised when the linebacker shoulders were followed by an innie and not an outtie. So her parents had to name her on the fly. As names go, they did pretty well. But maybe not entirely fitting for SweetPea. As for mine... My mother never did give me a very good story as to how my name came about. My guess is that it was those good drugs the docs had her on. It was the 70's, after all.

How long have you been together?
Over six years. But not seven. Not even almost seven, even though people really like rounding up where we're concerned. Codejnki would probably estimate about 10 years.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Well, we met online. Yes, really. Funny story... I actually "broke up with" her before we even met. I had a friend who said that's the point from which we were together.

Who asked whom out?
I don't recall any official "asking out". But she came to me first.

How old are each of you?
I'm 34, and she's 33. For about three more months.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Hers. I try very hard not to injure anyone while we're there.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
PfuckingMfuckingS

Did you go to the same school?
No. Except for that dabbling we did in college.

Are you from the same home town?
Kind of. We're from a big ass county, so, yes, technically.

Who is smarter?
Depends on what we're talking about.

Who is the most sensitive?
Let's just say that I don't cry.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Capitol Dawg. Nobody who knows us IRL is surprised by this answer, by the way.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Yosemite

Who has the craziest exes?
Me.

Who has the worst temper?
Me. Hands down. But you don't want to piss SweetPea off. When she brings it, she brings it large.

Who does the cooking?
Butch cooking or actual cooking?

Who is the neat-freak?
One of us was supposed to be a neat-freak? That explains so much. But if you saw our vans, you would be able to draw your own conclusions. Actually, we have a rule. Because she likes driving Barnahbus when I'm home from work. The rule is take your shit out of my van.

Who is more stubborn?
HA HA HA!

Who hogs the bed?
Her. Oh, dear, sweet goddess, HER.

Who wakes up earlier?
Me. Every day. Even days off. Really. Really. Early.

Where was your first date?
I don't remember. But we ended up at a park.

Who is more jealous?
Jealous... Maybe not. Possessive... Another story.

How long did it take to get serious?
Serious? About what?

Who eats more?
Probably me. Which might surprise people. But, really, I'm the nom factory.

Who does the laundry?
Me. Or the kids.

Who's better with the computer?
Me, but, really, only because I deal with it more. SweetPea is still more adept than most mortals.

Who drives when you are together?
She does. Partly because she's The Butch, and partly because, when I drive, she spends the whole time correcting me, lecturing me, or making dramatic gasping sounds. And she fucks with my music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me if you want the explanation.

Anonymous said...

I am peeing myself laughing, thanks! fimg x