Thursday, December 18, 2008
The F Word Christmas Survey
Shamelessly stolen from The Wishful Writer. And then totally violated by including profanity. Oops!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Personally, I believe there's nothing that can't be wrapped in paper. That being said, the realistic question comes down to do I have enough time or give a shit to figure out how to make that happen? If not, we're going with a bag. Also, if I have a group of smallish-sized gifts, I'll tend to put those in a purty bag.
2. Real tree or artificial?
If you've been around The Verbosery long enough, you will know that my favorite tree is our tacky ass white & blue yard tree. That we put up in the house and decorate. On purpose. Because we are so classy it hurts.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Just as soon as I round up enough give a shit to clear it a spot and assemble it
4. When do you take the tree down?
When I get sick of staring from my bed, down the hall, into the obnoxiously bright living room. Everyone else hopes this is after Christmas morning.
5. Do you like eggnog?
There is not enough brandy in the world to redeem eggnog. Sorry.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Are you kidding? I barely remember being a child!
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No. But I want one exactly like the one Grammy H. had.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
MonkeySee. Because his likes have gotten really expensive
9. Easiest person to buy for?
SweetPea and MonkeyDo. Even though I am incapable of surprising SweetPea. Mostly. :)
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
Yeah. I'm sorry. I have to be totally sappy. Anything that was given to me out of love, with thought - I love. Anything else... Well, you're taking your chances.
11. Mail or E-mail Christmas card?
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Santa Clause
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Oh, hell yeah. If someone gives me something that I think someone else will like better... You bet your ass I'm regifting it.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
We don't really have a "things we eat at Christmas"... Just my dad & stepmom's cookies. And: yes, please!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I already answered this. DUH.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
When I'm in the mood for Christmas music, there are quite a few I really enjoy. I love the Sinatra-era versions. Now, if we're including the song "Hallelujah" as a Christmas song (and I totally don't think it qualifies), then I believe I've answered this question previously and I don't feel the need to go on and on about any crushes I might or might not have.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
My dream would be to have a large enough house that we could just have everyone come to us. Until then... We're on the road.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer?
Whatever I want to?
20. Do you have an angel on top of the tree or a star?
Actually it's a snowwoman. She maybe kinda looks like an angel if you squint just right.
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Either. Both. However it works out that year.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
That everyone thinks it's a good idea to leave the house at the same damn time all the freaking time. And, also, that they're kind of assholes. And who the fuck steals from a charity? I mean, seriously.