Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Today in the 'Hood


1. I got a text message from my exhusband, father of  the Monkeys, last night. He wanted to let me know that he wouldn't be able to take the kids this weekend because he and the 19 year old were broken up and he is now homeless. He mentioned something about going to a homeless shelter, to which I wanted to snort and reply "good luck with that!" I can think of nothing nice to say regarding this development and most of it begins and ends with "dumbass".

2. SweetPea, the Monkeys and Gomi are all hanging out downstairs in the parking lot of my office. Why? Oh, because the truck won't start. On the plus side, we may get to test drive a new mechanic. I hope.

3. This means the kids are totally not going to make it to school today. Good thing it's not picture day or anything! (Yes, it's totally picture day)

4. There is still no actual budget for the state of California. One has passed both Houses of the Legislature and is sitting on the Governor's desk. He has threatened to veto it. From what I've seen of it, I can't say that I blame him. But I have a feeling this is just posturing and he's going to go ahead and sign it.

5. It's about damn time, too, because, if she weren't sick as a dog, I think the Wine Dog would have driven out here yesterday to kick my ass when she realized she's out of the loop. Sorry! Honest!

6. I am in serious need of a couple of hours sitting in front of the computer working on the photography stuff. Since I'll be leaving work soon (Hi, my ride's leaving, guess I should be on it), I'd think "oh, boy, I can do that when I get home". But I've seen my luck, and I know I probably won't actually see home until this afternoon. Maybe before I normally would.

7. I am also in need of more camera time. Probably won't be getting that soon, either.

8. All in all, another normal day in the neighborhood.

No comments: