Friday, July 25, 2008

Yuck Dreams


I don't generally remember dreams. Sometimes, if I'm getting enough sleep, I'll remember a dream, but sometimes it's just random. In the past week or so, I've remembered a few of them. One was a little nerve-wracking, but stemming out of the anxiousness that resulted from our "adventure" at the beginning of the month.

Wednesday night I had a dream that was creepy and left me with that ugly feeling you get after particularly strange dreams.

We were living in a two story house and there was a family of red-headed witches living next door (no, not like the Weasleys)(and all female). The general feeling I got about them, initially, was that they were kind of backwater, barefoot, ignorant and not particularly friendly. They were fond of climbing our fence and trespassing in our gardens.

I'm not entirely sure how we got to the next part, but it involves Tatiana.

She was thin and mangy. Not just thin, but skin stretched taut over bones thin. No muscle, no fat, literal skin and bones. Her fur was either super short or gone. Her head was huge in comparison to the rest of her, and she clearly did not have the strength left to hold it up. It would flop around on top of her neck.

At one point, I was sitting on a futon style couch, and she was sitting there next to me, her head flopped on to my shoulder. It was night, with long hours left until the start of the business day and apparently no 24-hour veterinarians in sight. I was sitting there trying to work up the nerve to ask my stepfather (who was apparently there in the house with us) to snap her neck for me so that she wouldn't have to bear out the rest of the night.

Somehow the dream merged back with the witches, and I lost track of Tatiana. I don't remember clearly what happened after that, or what anything had to do with the sorry state of my dog.

You know, usually I can follow the reasoning behind my dreams. Most of mine are either related to things going on in my life (like the one I had last week where the three little shits were sitting on my porch in the middle of the night), or have nothing to do with my life, but follow a pattern that I can easily connect to concerns or matters in my life at the time.

I have no idea what's up with this.

2 comments:

Gruppie Girl said...

I can't figure out that dream either.

Stress about your dog's future health.
Trusting of your stepfather.
A dislike for redheads?

My dreams are crazy too. I dream often and they are usually very weird. I will try to remember a dream soon...it will make you feel even more normal.

dolphyngyrl said...

I hope it's not that I secretly dislike redheads!