Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Morning Review


Let's take a moment to go over my after work to-do list from yesterday and see how I did, shall we?

Drive downtown, pick up files; do dishes; walk dogs; eat dinner; make dinner, then eat dinner; watch movie; return movies.

It managed to work out a little something like this:

Drive downtown, pick up files; do dishes; walk dogs; eat dinner; make dinner, then eat dinner; watch movie; return movies.

Uh. Yeah. Well.

Since we were downtown, anyway, we decided to have dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory (shutup). I did save half my dinner, instead of eating the whole thing (although eating all that garlic cheese bread was probably a mistake. Don't worry, I paid for it!). My leftovers are sitting where I left them, in the backseat. Because, you know, I wasn't planning on eating those for lunch today or anything.

Walking the dogs was out because Gomi is gimping her back leg. We couldn't see anything wrong with it, so we're enforcing bed crate-rest and giving it a couple of days to see if there's improvement. Hopefully, she just sprained something.

We did manage to get our movie watched, although not in time to get it returned by 9pm. Oops.

Also, if you have not seen The Orphanage, see it. If you think you're not going to like it because you have to read it, fuck you, read watch the damn thing. It is that good. How many movies are terrifying and poignant and sweet and heartwrenching, all at the same time?

Yesterday at work I heard through the grapevine that our staff counsel has high praise for me. Totally an ego-booster, but I already knew that she is one of the few who truly "gets" me. You know, the kind of "gets" where they see and understand your abilities, beyond just the work they do with you, even though you've never had to have that conversation with them. But it was super to hear her discussing that with others. It almost makes me wonder if it would be appropriate to use her as a reference when I apply for other positions.

Have I mentioned how excited I am that Wil has come home, even if this isn't really his home, and even if he's only going to be here for a few more days? I should maybe also mention that SweetPea likes him, but gets a little annoyed that he refers to her as SweetPea, instead of her given name. Because, you know, he's only heard her referenced as SweetPea before actually meeting her. Wil does the snaps thing, too, and I'm hoping that we can make time before he leaves to explore some of the older neighborhoods. SweetPea and I saw some swank architecture on our jaunt downtown yesterday, and I was wishing I'd brought the camera.

As I was packing my lunch & snacks this morning, my stomach caught sight of the carrots and did a lurch, followed by tightening into a cold ball. I think, perhaps, it's crabby because it's not used to having to work this hard at it.

Tonight we're meeting Chief for dinner. Possibly there will be more people than just us. I guess it all depends on how things Pam pan out. The more time we spend with Chief, the happier I am that we met. She totally fits, just like she was made to fill an empty spot we didn't even know was there.

OK, crazy people. Get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ReeRee, thxs for the safe landing pad...I feel the same...D2L