Monday, July 28, 2008

Early Morning Narcism


Lifestyle Changes

I've decided I'm blaming it on stress and the PMS that lasted ten days, but in the last couple of weeks, I have not been very well behaved. I  have definitely been hitting the snack shop at work a little too hard. Drinking diet Coke like it was water. Instead of water.

SweetPea has been talking about going vegan. I'm a lot closer to that than she is, and I wonder if she really understands what it's going to mean for the way she eats. I'm more than a little afraid for what it's going to mean for how we eat. We do love our processed foods. I'm not sure how, exactly, we'd pull off going vegan. I have a feeling, though, that the rice cooker and the steamer and probably the crock pot will start getting heavy usage. I'm sure the Monkeys will love the morning when they ask what's for breakfast and I tell them twice cooked brown rice with cinnamon. Yum! OK, that was sarcasm. I will probably get That Look, as well as an eyeroll, and possibly even a good whine. It's actually pretty good, though, but it's going to be a switch from how we've had it before, which included margarine and sugar.

For today, though, I had a breakfast burrito with one scrambled egg, a pinch of shredded sharp cheddar, salsa, rolled up in a high fiber tortilla (50 cals, 2 grams fat, 7 grams fiber), coffee, and some grapes from the cutest little bunch of grapes ever. Snack is a pear and a low-fat string cheese. Lunch a frozen burrito (shutup) with salsa. I also brought a carrot and two (just two!) diet Cokes. And I had some hot chocolate, because it was a little chilly this morning. I have no idea what I'm doing about dinner, but I did get a bunch of salad stuff at the store Sunday.

If I'm not a walking zombie when I get home, I may drag SweetPea and the dogs out for a walk before dinner.

Prizes

Since gruppie was the only one to guess, that makes her the closest! We were here playing mini golf. The whole place is lit up in blacklight with fluorescent, glowing paint. There are some monsters along the course, but nothing too scary and nothing jumps out at you. Personally, I love the whole blacklight/glowing thing, and I would probably do a room in that, if I had a room to spare.

More information on what she won will be coming later in the week (after it arrives).

Also, there will be prizes up for grabs later in the week, with some information regarding news and happenings that should be rolling out come September.

Training Together

How's this for awesome? Jeanette was one of the Adapted PE coaches when SweetPea started at American River College. Two years ago at the Adapted PE Halloween party, the whole family came dressed as pirates.

Now y'all know that I don't say this often, but there are some family dynamics that make me jealous. This is one of them. These guys are so close and work so well together.

Jealous.

Pining

The nip in the air this morning has me thinking about pumpkins and spice and crispy, brown leaves and fireplaces heartily crackling and skeleton decorations and giggling kids and trips to Apple Hill and ohmygoodness is it really still only July?

I love fall. Hands down my favorite time of year, even though our fall isn't really as "fall" as other places. I love the changing leaves, the autumn smells, the nip in the air.

And Halloween.

Which is on a Friday this year. Which means that I would love to throw a fabulous Halloween party.

I guess I'll have to wait and see how that goes.

1 comment:

Gruppie Girl said...

Whoo Hoo for me!!

Mini golfing around here consists of a dinky windmill and maybe some ice cream afterward.

CT is maybe ten years or so behind CA. Maybe someday we will get neon golfing too. ;)