Sunday, May 04, 2008

Things I Put in my Mouth

Dinner tonight was salad, consisting of the following:

green bell pepper
celery
carrots
broccoli
radishes
sugar snap peas
purple onion
scallions
garlic
mushrooms
tomatoes
oriental dressing
shredded cheese
chopped almonds

All of that spread on a smallish amount of bagged salad mix.

With garlic monkey bread on the side.

There's enough of the salad mix to make three lunches. Yum!

Probably in the next couple of days I'll be making some "taco" salad. I bought some black bean refried beans, and we have avocados and sour cream.

I also bought fresh ground peanut butter and almond butter. I figure those will be better for me than "regular" peanut butter for my breakfast.

So, here's my week:

Breakfast:
waffle or English muffin (both high fiber) with peanut or almond butter and fruit
or
yogurt with fruit and chopped almonds
or
oatmeal

Lunch:
Salad

Dinner:
Who knows. Always the hardest meal, because I'm usually wiped out by the time I get home and it's so much easier to get something than to make something. Tuesday is PTA meeting, so that always makes things harder.

I need to drink more water, but I've been drinking a lot of iced tea lately. In case you're curious, I brew up fresh tea (black or green), and then toss it over a glass of crushed ice. No sugar, no lemon. Nothing.

Divine.

No comments: