Monday, January 21, 2008

Reason #64 Why I Love Neighbor

Monday Night Ration of Shit.

Neighbor works Monday nights. And Wednesday nights. And Friday nights. She works during the day, too, but the night time working interferes with our evening ritual.

Most nights it's no big deal, because she gets to work at 5 and is usually home between 7 and 7:30, and that's generally right about when we're wrapping up dinner, anyway.

If I'm off work, though, we're done with dinner way before she's home. As a state worker, I'm off an inordinate amount of Mondays, thus "Monday Night Ration of Shit".

And I have no patience whatsofreakingever.

So I'll send her a text message.

"Home yet?"

"Duuude!"

"Is that a yes? Wow, you're fast!"

"You are sooooo funny!"

"Yes, I am!"

It's only 6:20, so I'll probably wait about 15 minutes and text her again.

No comments: